Friday, December 31, 2010

My big fat fluffy pancakes



The first time I made these pancakes I knew I would never buy another pancake mix...ever. They are fluffy, yummy, and made from things I always have on hand. The pictures show double ingredients, because I took pictures as I was making some for the boys. I like to make a double batch and freeze tons of little pancakes for easy grab and nuke breakfasts during the week.



Ingredients:

1 C all-purpose flour
3/4 C milk
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Combine the vinegar and the milk to sour the milk. This will take about 5 minutes (you can also use regular buttermilk if you have it, but I rarely do. You would just use slightly less than a cup of buttermilk about 7/8 Cup) Wisk all the dry ingredients together and set aside. Once the soured milk is ready, mix in the butter, egg, and vanilla then wisk together. Combine milk mixture to the flour mixture. It's a pretty thick batter, but it works! I use about 1/4 C of batter for a large pancake and a Tbsp of batter for small ones. All the pictures are of the Tbsp sized pancakes. Feel free to add any fruit or chocolate chips into the batter too. These can be made in a skillet or on a griddle. I used my Griddler because it's faster...and I like faster.









This recipe will make about 8 of the big pancakes plus 12 of the smaller pancakes. Enjoy!

edited to add salt

2 comments:

  1. Those look delish! Is it wrong I want to go out and buy an electric griddle RIGHT NOW so I can make them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also done them on the stovetop in a skillet...I just like making a dozen little pancakes at once when I am stocking up for the freezer.

    ReplyDelete