Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Strangely Good Snack

Ok, so I ran across this idea online one day, but totally forgot about it....honestly, it sounded too odd to even try. Today, my 3 year old and I were a little bored. We played outside for a bit, but it isn't warm enough to stay out terribly long. For some reason, this memory popped into my head and I decided it was experiment time....so we chalked it up as science!

Microwave Potato Chips


These were actually pretty good.....unexpected to say the least. You can play around with your favorite spices to make them to your liking. I enjoyed them with just sea salt.

I just tossed the sliced potatoes in a bowl with a little bit of olive oil and some sea salt. Spray a microwave safe dish with a little bit of cooking spray (or use parchment paper) then I nuked them for about 5-6 minutes in my lower wattage microwave (think the $40 one at Wal-Mart, lol). I would probably use my food processor next time, but the baby was sleeping....so, I used the side of the cheese grater.

Try them, you will be surprised too!

No comments:

Post a Comment